Thursday, June 4, 2009

Congratulations!! You passed the CISSP examination.

Finally, the much-awaited mail arrived this early morning at 1:02 am. It went straight to the archive & got labeled to ISC2. I didn't noticed & had slept waiting for it yesterday. And as I opened my eyes & logged on, I hurried to check if there is any email there looking for me. Ah, there it was - 1 unread in ISC2.

Suddenly, the excitement turned to nervousness & the mouse pointer stopped before it could click on the label. It was there & I wouldn't click on it. I stopped there for a moment. Unsure if I must open it now that it's here. So I chanted on the higher energy & opened the email. Many successful candidates had shared that the Pass mail has a word 'Congratulations' in the subject line. Well, my mail didn't had one! So, a bit anguished, I decided to look for the 'Areas of Improvement' in the mail body. And what did I find:
Dear Karn Ganeshen:
Congratulations! We are pleased to inform you that you have passed the Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP®) examination - the first step in becoming certified as a CISSP.

:)

So there I sat on my bed, Joyous & all smiles. This has been THE most exhaustive preparation AND the most exhaustive exam I've taken till now. The 5 months preparation had been demanding, & took consistent efforts & hard work. And today, I love every moment of all the nights spent since January 2009.

I will be sharing my study plan & resources used for preparation in my next post. I hope it will be useful for you.

Best Regards.

3 comments:

  1. sweet stuff! congratulations! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the info. It sounds pretty user friendly. I guess I’ll pick one up for fun. thank u
    CISSP Exam

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer

The views, information & opinions expressed in this blog are my own and do not reflect the views of my current or former employers or employees or colleagues.